Friday, March 9, 2012

Do you think that the one who wrote "Alice in Wonderland" wrote it from paranormal experiences?

What are your ideas about this? It shows on here where he got some of his ideas...but do you think spirits gave him the rest of his ideas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_A…Do you think that the one who wrote "Alice in Wonderland" wrote it from paranormal experiences?
YAY! Thanks for asking!



Alice and Wonderland is all about drugs. :)



Now from what I hear there is no proof or rumors that Lewis Carrol did drugs ever but if you look at the story, it's all about taking things to alter your perception. Alice is presented with things to eat, things to drink that make her big and small. There's this frantic rabbit that can't stop going, who looks like he's been doing a whole lot of cocaine, the Cheshire cat is smoking a hookah (there could just be tobacco inside but the cat looks pretty high off weed to me) and he told Alice to take a bite of the mushroom he's sitting on and then you got the tea party and the mouse is drunk off his a** and the mad hatter looks like a severe alcoholic...I don't think that was regular tea they were drinking! I don't know what the Queen is on but she's on something that makes her want to paint roses...and cut off people's heads for really silly reasons...maybe she's coming down from a really bad trip lol.



Sorry Deenie, not paranormal but there are enough drug references in this story to make your head spin. :D That's why I wanted you to ask, so I could share that with you, lol. :) I can't wait to see Wushuboy's answer, maybe it will be different. :)



*edit*



Deenie, lol, I've had my fair share of experiences but I'm a good girl now. ;) I've never partaken in hallucinogens though.



*edit*



ROFL @ Kool Aid! I wonder how many people are going to get that joke, lol.
Yep, non of you ever read the books....

Report Abuse

Do you think that the one who wrote "Alice in Wonderland" wrote it from paranormal experiences?
Have any of you even read the books? Are we all just going off disneys version here, or did any of you actually read Lewis Carroll's novels?



I happened to be lucky enough to get a copy that had a little history behind the books and author. Alice in Wonderland is actually a collection of metaphors used to make fun of the politics of time, yes there are a lot of drug references and there's no doubt he wasn't smoking some funny things but it wasn't about drugs.) but he actually got the idea for the main character and her adventures from his friends daughters, particularly the middle girl, Alice. Apparently him and his friend would take the girls on long boat rides on the rivers they lived next to and would entertain the board girls by telling them funny stories and Lewis decided it would be a good staging ground for his metaphors and puns on society as well as make the young girl happy. He often photograph the girl (more so than her sisters) and she was said to be his favorite. No funny play, he just liked little girls....lol! Sorry dear, no paranormal anything involved..

The second book was by far the best, it literally was a chess game! Alice started as the pawn and ended up winning the game. You should read the book a little more careful if you think it was about drugs! Or turn off the Disney channel......
Deenie,I really feel that this has nothing to do with the paranormal,if anything the person that wrote it either had an extremely good imagination or had taken some sort of hallucinogenic drugs.If they even had them back then.I can tell you though,I went to the Imax theater and saw this film,I thought that it was awesome,what a trip,you put the glasses on and you are right in the middle of this fantasy land,I would go again just for the experience,if you have the opportunity to go see this film with Johnny Depp,go to an Imax,you will really enjoy it!

Tomb RaiderDo you think that the one who wrote "Alice in Wonderland" wrote it from paranormal experiences?
From what I understand, Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) was a competent mathematician, and was likely grounded in reality. The story was inspired by the daughter of a friend of Dodgson's (Alice Pleasance Liddell). There seems to be no paranormal origins for the story.
Naw. Lewis Carroll had just gotten fired from his job for stealing boxes. They called him on his day off to tell him he was fired. His friend, Smokey, came over the next day and said, "I know you don't smoke weed. I? know this, but I'ma get you high today. Cuz its friday, you ain't got no job, and you aint got $h!t to do." The rest is history.



*edit*

@ Witchy I don't think my thumbs down understands!
yea yea i heard he took shrooms or LSD..some sort of hallucogenic. or was that just the people who did the disney film. anyway i don't think the author of harry potters was any kind of druggie and those are pretty RIDICULOUS..just shows you don't need drugs or even spirits
LOL. My username!!!! Thanks Witchy for explaining everything! :D



Now everyone knows the origins. :P
Eat enough magic mushrooms and you can go to wonderland too.
no he wrote it for a little girl he was obsessed with she was his inspiration for alice hes one sick moe foe
I've heard that the weird points of it was based from mathematics and included a few hidden problems and such.
No, I just think he is a very creative person with a very vivid Imagination.
No, I think it was written from a drug induced experience. No way was he straight when he wrote that...no way!

If Mel won't give you a star I will!!
When I was younger my friend and I thought that Lewis Carol was pot smoker. You know, like the caterpillar.
No, honey, I hear he did copious amounts of Opium....you'd see Rabbits coming in and out of holes, shrinking girls and such as well!
The idea of the rabbit came from a carving in a cathederal. I've seen it but I'm not sure where it was
Nope Lmao :D
  • crysis 2 reviews
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment